-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows 95 question... - Start Menu

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:28:38 -0800

I think I actually know the answer to this one.....

If all you want to do is alphabetize things, you open the program menu by
pressing

Start
    Programs
        Then go to the last item in the list..or between any two items and
right click.. you than have the option to sort by..and choose your option.

Or,

On the start button... RIGHT  CLICK
Then Choose Explore.

In Win 95.. it should then open up an explorer window and you can drag and
drop like you would anywhere else.
There is a folder...............Start Menu ..and maybe another folder..
Programs... this should be all the programs that are listed.

I make major categories..like Graphics Programs..and then I put the
shortcuts to
PSP 7
PSP 8,
PhotoShop Elements 2,
Mircrosoft Digital Image, etc all in that folder.

I have many other folders by category..how "I" think of them...since it is
my computer.. like
Utilities..  Where I file things Like:
Tweak UI
Norton Systemworks
Drive Image
Partition Magic, etc

This helps me find things when I want them.

Hope this works..Let me know...
Hugs,
Rose