-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win 7

  • From: "Sr. Dorothy Robinson" <srdorothy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 19:46:39 -0700

Glad that helped.
Our computer user group recently got a great deal on Win 7 Pro via an
organization called TechSoup.org   It provides usually expensive software
very inexpensively to nonprofits; and our user group happens to be a 501c3
nonprofit.  We had people sign up for what they wanted (i.e. how many copies
of Win 7 Pro, 32 or 64 bit) and then placed an order (your group has to get
"qualified" first and we are).  Rules preclude selling them to anyone else,
but for user group members it's a great deal.  Our group bought them for $8
each, can you believe??!

My aim here is not to depress you...just to let you know that if you belong
to a user group or another qualifying nonprofit, there are good things you
all can do.  Here's the link to techsoup:

http://www.techsoup.org/stock/Default.asp?cg=lnav&visit=1

Sr. Dorothy
Many of us are also Ubuntu Linux users...and that's free! Most have a
multi-boot situation, installing Ubuntu side by side with Windows.  I mostly
use Ubuntu here at the monastery, and we have 3 others here doing the same;
plus I just installed 4 new computers with Win 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 in our
workroom.  Got another good deal on computers; we've been using real oldies
for years...mostly things people gave us.  *New* computers... almost
heaven!  ;^)

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM, <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That answered my question.  Now all I need is the 300 smackers to get the
> 2-pack of 7-Pro.  Prolly a couple weeks away.
>
> Thanks for the link.

in the Subject.