-=PCTechTalk=- Re: What to do?

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 10:17:35 -0600

Yes, they do hide it well.  I was going to order them online, but I called
instead.  Soooo, instead of 20 dollars and S&H, it cost me about a 3 dollar
phone call (probably was less than that).  I emailed their support number
first and just explained I was real uncomfortable with the OS imbedded on a
device which is known to fail in a given time frame.  They emailed me back
with a phone number and a tracking number, I called, and I had them in
about five days.

~~~~~~~~~

On 12/29/2002 at 12:05 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as
nightsneak1@xxxxxxx was rumoured to have uttered....

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml;jsessionid=3DJ2YRZJUXL30DLQEX=

http://productfinder.support.hp.com/tps/CLC?h_lang=3Den&h_product=3Dtop&h=
          |  _tool=3Dcontacthp
          |
          |  Not sure how these links are going to come out, they may need
          |  to be copy =
          |  and pasted. I am sending this webmail from his computer
          |  because I am over=
          |   here trying to get all HP's and Windows XP's garbage off of
          |  it!
          |
          |  nightsneak
          |

          |  > =
          |
          |  > From: "John E." <eejohne@xxxxxxxxx>
          |  > Date: 2002/12/28 Sat PM 01:27:49 EST
          |  > To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          |  > Subject: -=3DPCTechTalk=3D- Re: What to do?
          |  > =
          |
          |  > =
          |
          |  > My almost four year old Pavilion has only one disk. I
          |  > understand that many of the latest HPs do not even
          |  > have a disk but include an image on the hard drive.
          |  > From bad to good to terrible. Today I would only buy a
          |  > made-to-order computer from a local shop and make sure
          |  > I get all of the disks with it. :-)
          |  > John E.
          |  > --- Bob Templeton <btempleton@xxxxxxx> wrote:

*******
All the preceding is solely my own opinion not necessarily held by any
other person in any other place at any other time.  No warranty express or
implied.  Author takes no responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of
this or any rebutttal information.  If you do not agree with this post,
please click delete and move on.