-=PCTechTalk=- Re: What to do?

  • From: <nightsneak1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 0:05:59 -0500

John,

I am going thru this problem right now on a friend's computer. Brand new =
HP Pavilion, and NO restore disks. Searching HP's website, they hide very=
 well where you can order recovery CD's, but I found this. Of course the =
call is long distance to their support site : (

Windows XP recovery CDs
HP Pavilions that ship with Windows XP do not come with recovery CDs.
Instead, they use a hidden space (partition) on the hard drive to store t=
he recovery information. Using a hidden partition provides a convenient, =
more stable recovery process that eliminates the need for fragile, easily=
 lost
recovery CDs.

To recover a Pavilion desktop computer go to: =

Performing a Full System Recovery in Microsoft=AE Windows XP.

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml;jsessionid=3DJ2YRZJUXL30DLQEX=
GR3UNZQ?reg=3Dnam&cc=3Dus&docName=3Dbph07145&lc=3Den

To order Windows XP recovery discs for an HP Pavilion desktop computer, c=
all HP customer care.

http://productfinder.support.hp.com/tps/CLC?h_lang=3Den&h_product=3Dtop&h=
_tool=3Dcontacthp

Not sure how these links are going to come out, they may need to be copy =
and pasted. I am sending this webmail from his computer because I am over=
 here trying to get all HP's and Windows XP's garbage off of it!

nightsneak