-=PCTechTalk=- Re: What is Micr$oft XPS Document Writer and

  • From: "Larry Southerland"<larrysoutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 00:15:20 -0400

I suspect that that is what happened:

"You can also download the tools to provide these features and get started
with XPS documents in earlier versions of Windows.

To learn more about the features of XPS:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/xps.
mspx
Integrate XPS in Your Application

You can seamlessly integrate your application with enterprise-wide workflows
by adding the ability to publish, import, and view XPS documents. .NET
Framework 3.0 provides the APIs that enable you to add XPS-based publishing,
importing, and viewing technologies to your Windows Presentation Foundation
(WPF) application. Adding XPS-based technologies to your application gives
your customers a print quality that was previously found only in high-end
graphic arts applications because the Windows Vista print sub-system has
been enhanced to recognize and process XPS documents.

XPS-based technologies support innovation and format consistency so you can
build your application with features for the future while retaining the
safety-net of backward compatibility. With this freedom you can decide how
to add XPS-based technologies to your application."

From the website for which I provided an earlier URL...