-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Web cams - help !

  • From: "Doug" <cbpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 21:45:14 +0100

Hi Eric,

Posted on the main group, to see if anyone else can chip in with some input.

Now, my mobo is an Asus P4B533-V  so not sure if the sound card is an
integrated one or not, the overview of it is here, if it's of any use :
http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socket478/p4b533-v/overview.htm

Regards.

Doug.

Doug,

In XP Pro ( & I think ME is similar), go to Control Panel & select "Sound &
Audio Devices" (might be called something else in ME, just look for something
sounding similar).

Then click on the "Audio" tab on the top. You should have an option for
selecting the Default Device for Sound Playback, Sound Recording, and MIDI
music. In the drop down menu, select your sound card device (e.g.: mine is set
for SB Live! Wave Device).

If you do not have these options, you might have to re-install your sound
drivers. Maybe you should do a google search for your sound card and look for
any updated drivers.

BTW, when I was checking this out, I found the Advanced Button for my mic under
the Volume Tab, and you should look to see if you have this option as well
because it really does make quite a difference to the sound level.

That Guy In Africa...
http://homepages.gds.co.za/northcom/
ICQ#  39461303
~ Greetings from Sunny South Africa ~