-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Virtual Memory

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:14:45 -0600

I have been following this thread and checking properties of my computer and
am a bit confused.  I have an Intel Celeron CPU 2.40 GHz with 256 MB of RAM.
That times 1.5 =384  virtual RAM.  I went to look at the place to change the
virtual RAM settings and mine says I have a total paging file of 1536 MB.
This does not seem to be "in sync" with what you wrote it should be.  It
seems I may have changed the paging file some time ago on the advise of
someone in my greeting card group.
My computer is working o.k. although a bit slow to load up internet
addresses.
Any comments or advise on this?
Joyce