-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Troth and Bob Crews

  • From: "Bob Crews" <rec46@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:11:15 -0600

Well, IRC is totally free and yes, there are many more rooms besides the one
we would be in.  That's what IRC and the Internet are all about.  People
from all over the world being able to meet in the same room and talk to each
other as if they were next door neighbors.  As far as their being man rooms
is concerned, the network I'd get the room in would not be a real big one so
their would probably not be that many rooms or even active users.  Many
people get channels which don't have many people visit it at all.  I'd say
50 percent of the rooms usually only have one or two people in it very often
so the size of the network is not really that important.  It's up to
everyone else.  If they want one I'll get one.  In a chat room like I'm
talking about, we would not have to wait for someone to decide to send an
email and have to wait on it.  In a chat room it would be instantly.  Not to
mention we could go to bed at night or to work or where ever and not have to
come home only to fine as many as 50 plus messages in their in box.  Takes a
lot of time to read things that don't really hold any interest or needs at
the present time to everyone.  In a chat room we could just sit there and be
idle.  When we wanted to see what has been said while we were away from the
keyboard all we'd have to do is scroll back and see what had already been
said.  We would not have to go through 50 or more email just to see if
there's something there that's interesting to us.  Not everything is
interesting or important to everyone.  Everyone's needs are different.

This is just an Idea.  It takes time and dedication for a person to be
willing to do this so everyone would have a better place to gain or give
important information about things that is of interest to them without
waiting for email to show up in their already full mail box.

Just an Idea.
Bob