-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Transfering to new PC (2) Questions...

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:25:11 -0700

Pen (thumb) drives are way too slow (I have one -- smile) --
they are fine for  transferring file folders a few at a time.
The cable I am talking about took me less than two hours to
transfer 5 years of data and the old programs I wanted on this
new machine.

Yes I wiped the programs off the old machine because my
Grandsons did not need them to play their educational software
so no laws were broken.

Even if the old computer only has a serial port, the small
adapter I was talking about will work because it  can be put  on
one end of the Bafo cable to convert it from USB to serial.

Judith
..

You could use a crossover Cat5 cable, or Judith's suggestion for
USB
cable (assuming old pc has USB ports).  Or a USB thumb drive is
always
handy for transferring files..

Terry