-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Tools similar to Ad-Aware. Now Spyware Terminator

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:31:11 -0500

Question for you, Sandi.  What directed you to this particular program?  Was
it recommended by someone or something or perhaps just one result from a web
search?

The reason I ask is because there are a bunch of these kinds of utilities
that say they'll help repair things that either only make them worse or end
up doing the opposite and try to capture your info while they're running.
It makes for a good con job since the person is actually installing the
spyware themselves.  I don't mean to imply that a majority of these apps are
like this or that ST is one of them (although having my homepage changed
without my express permission is definitely one sign of an app I would never
run intentionally).

Peace,
GMan
http://tinyurl.com/2s8x23
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"