-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Thunderbird

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:25:30 -0500

I think its really all preference... but, my preference is Firefox because I
believe it's a much better browser than IE. Why? Its just got a slew of
features, and not as much to worry about in terms of spyware and adware
getting on your system. ActiveX doesn't run on Firefox, and here's where you
get a lot of spyware/adware. However, the SP2 update adds a bunch of
security tweaks to IE as well.

But, Firefox gives you tabbed browsing, allowing you to open multiple
websites in the same browser as opposed to opening IE once for each site
you're on.

And, for me... the best thing I like about Firefox is that anyone can make
extensions, themes and plugins for it... easily... as opposed to making them
for IE. There are literally hundreds of extensions to add all sort of extra
functionality.

Don't me brag about it. You can read about some of the nice things you get
with Firefox here:

But, you know... Internet Explorer has a lot of negatives, but it also has a
ton of positives. There's nothing wrong with using IE, you just have to be
well equipped to handle all the weapons aiming at it. I'm sure one day
Firefox (as well as other less popular browsers) will be in the sites of
mal-doers.

Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX