-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Super Fdisk again!

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 22:36:12 -0400

Roger,
    My sentiments, exactly.  Over the last couple of days I've been
picturing a loose data or power cable connection inside the enclosure.
We'll see what the tests show once we're able to make the connection.

    Much of the FAT32 controversy was centered around sloppy formatting
tools that were not following the formatting standards closely enough.
These drives could be used as the boot drive for a Win9x/ME system, but
failed to be recognized by WinNT as even existing.  Some of the sloppy apps
were updated and the problem went away.  Some other app makers just chose to
go out of business or move onto less intensive coding projects.     lol

Peace,
Gman