-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Strange error report and resident shield findings

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:10:29 -0400

SFC is the Windows System File Checker utility.  It scans all system files
to see if any have deviated from what's expected to be there, depending on
your version & SP level.  What it's really good at is finding and replacing
system files that have become corrupted over time.  It doesn't always clear
out all of the cobwebs, but it's much faster than a full reinstall.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

"The entire future of humankind is yet to be written"