-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Still more help with updating XP Pro

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:15:43 -0400

My first assumption has to revolve around your own wording, Sandy.  You say
you're not 'Running' IE7, but that doesn't necessarily mean you haven't
installed it.  I installed IE7 a while back, but I use Firefox for all of my
surfing.  I could, conceivably, say that I'm not 'running' IE7, too.
lol

I'm also thrown a bit by the idea of their being two IE7 updates awaiting
your approval.  If IE7 is not yet installed, there's no way that Windows
Update would be offering you an update to it.  Even if one of them is
actually IE7, the other wouldn't be offered until IE7 is detected as already
being installed on your system.

So, based on what you've told us so far, it appears that you DO have IE7
installed, even if you're not actually using it to surf.  If I'm wrong about
this, then there's something important that you're leaving out.  Maybe the
best thing to do here would be to grab a couple of screenshots and upload
them to YahooGroups for us or allow me to remotely connect & take a peek at
the WU window myself.

Peace,
Gman