-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Startup popup

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:11:12 -0500

3 places to check...
1. Messenger service... to turn this off, right-click on MY COMPUTER, select
MANAGE, click the plus sign next to SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS, and highlight
SERVICES. On the right-side pane, look for MESSENGER. Double-click it. For
STARTUP TYPE, make sure it says DISABLED. And also click STOP if the SERVICE
STATUS says STARTED. Then APPLY or OK or both.

2. STARTUP folder... go to START > ALL PROGRAMS > STARTUP and see if its listed
in there.

3. MSCONFIG... go to START > RUN > and type in MSCONFIG and press ENTER. Go to
the STARTUP tab. See if its listed in there, and if so uncheck it.

.::] Sir Troth [::..
AOL: SirTrothX
Please, no email at this address!

::: Original Message by Rocky Fithian