-=PCTechTalk=- Re: SpyBot and Win Me

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:49:35 -0800 (PST)

Christy;
Last I played with ME Winpatrol worked just fine and is it ever vigilent!  I
have not tried BHO Demon on ME but Winpatrol has an excelent BHO protector and
will let you add one if you like.  It monitors ALL system changes and askes you
if it is ok to accept the change - NOTHING is changed on my machine w/o my
knowledge and concent - try it you'll like it and its free too!

Also last I knew Adware worked well on ME - been a while since I played with
that OS my buddy gave it to his dad and last I worked on it even Spybot worked.

Hope this helps somehow - holler if ya need more

Bob
Seattle, WA
"David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Christy,
Hi,
No I do not use either of those below. I know of WinPatrol and it should work
with Me. I have not heard of BHO Demon so I do not know. (someone else
suggested those.) On my Me tower I use AdAware SE, The anti-spyware on the
Yahoo toolbar for IE and the AOL antispyware program. I also have AVG for the
anti-virus and an older version of Zone Alarm for firewall. This combination
seems to work ok for me.
Dave

From: "cristy"

Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: SpyBot and Win Me
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:23:14 -0500

Thanks Dave, do you use either of those on your ME operating system?

christy