-=PCTechTalk=- Re: SpyBot and Win Me

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:41:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi Christy,
That sounds like  some of the problems I was having.  I am no longer using
SpyBot with the tower that has Me.  I cannot remember when I started having the
problems; I do not know how old of a version you would need t have it work.  I
know I had SpyBot for a long time with Me before it starting freezing and just
not running well at all.  If the older versions let you update the spy ware
definitions and not the program itself I think they would be ok to use.  I just
gave up on it.  I still use it on theGateway running XP Pro.  We also use it
the Dell upstairs running XP Home.  I don't run it on the Compaq laptop running
98SE.
Dave

------------------------------
From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: SpyBot and Win Me
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:43:33 -0500

HI David,

It was me asking about spybot and win ME.  It kept trying to add a BHO and
when I told it no not to add it, I got an error and froze up screen.  I had
to uninstall it.  What version are you using on you win ME?  Are the older
versions good to use since I am assuming they wont be totally up to date on
the spyware?

thanks,
christy