-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Someone asked about this recently

  • From: recklessmaverick <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:38:06 -0500

Please note:

1. some of the tests shown were run using the free version of two of the
programs and  the pro or premium version of the other two.

2. tests are OLD.  MSE has updated to version 2.x from 1.x since the
tests were done.

3. bottom line... no clear winner.  Make decision based on a specific
feature such as speed, RAM usage, false positives etc.

4. I've been using MSE for some time with no problems.  I specifically
like the intelligence of MSE and its lack of all the warnings, alerts
and other interruptions of other brands.  I get more alerts from
WinPatrol Pro (a MUST have by the way).  Scotty alerts all search,
browser and start up changes and allows me clear choices to make.

My vote:  MSE without a doubt.  I also use Win Defender and the Malware
Removal tool free from MS.

Don

On 2/17/2011 3:31 AM, Larry Southerland wrote:

> http://dottech.org/freeware-reviews/14151
>

> Your friend,
>

> Larry

> in the Subject.

> pctechtalk-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> To join our separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a blank email to:
> pctabletalk+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
in the Subject.