-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Slipstreaming and cloning WAS: Re: Email Clients . . . 2 at once?

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:10:49 -0400

You are more or less correct.  A long time ago, in a galaxy far far
away it was my plan to have a thumb drive or portable hard drive full
of useful stuff to help me maintain the various family computers (2
laptops and 2 desktops).  Once I found how many portable apps are out
there I got to thinking they would be nice to reduce the clutter in
the registry and minimize background "features" consuming resources.
Now the maintenance needs are not as severe as they used to be (or I'm
getting better at preventing them and teaching prevention) and my
focus is now mostly on portable productivity apps.

That said, a bootable portable harddrive with diagnostic,
troubleshooting, backup, cleanup, optimize and other utilities on it
would still be useful.

Don