-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Shoot! -My modem is not good for wyfi?

  • From: EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:43:23 -0400

From my limited knowledge of DSL, I believe your assumption is correct.
Most of the DSL modems I've seen have a router (either wired or wireless)
built in to them.  This does not stop you from getting a wireless router to
add to the setup, but it does require research to find out how to get the
new wireless router working properly.  We would need the DSL modems' model
name/number to start researching.

Most likely the ISP (Verizon?) can replace the DSL modem/wired router combo
with one that has wireless built in, but they will probably charge you for
it and would much rather have you upgrade to FIOS.

Ed