-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Sandy Drive

  • From: "Roger" <rcleavitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:47:59 -0700

Ahh ha..... you're just getting started!
First some facts:
Dust bunnies have an infinite life span. Humans have no control over this!
The best system for washing dishes is to wash them just before you use them.
Using this method you tend to use fewer dishes so you don't wash as many AND
you don't wash any unnecessarily.
Not washing windows prevents direct sunlight from fading the drapes.
Vacuuming causes allergies so it should be avoided at all times.

Using the above tips should give you a great deal more time to pursue futile
exercises on the computer.

That said...........
Maybe we can nibble your drive problem to death?

Possible problems:
USB ports?
Have you tried plugging into a different USB port and is the port you are
using a port on the motherboard. Ports on the back of the machine are
usually directly connected to the MB. Not true of the ports on the front or
top of the machine!
Power for the HDD enclosure.......... do you have a separate power supply
for the enclosure?
Does the enclosure require a connection to two USB ports to obtain
sufficient power?

Maybe there's an IRQ sharing conflict with other USB devices? We can check
as we eliminate other possibilities.
Have you ever removed the USB drivers from Device Manager?
Lots of possibilities but it's difficult to check them out with the vacuum
machine running, lol!

When you have time...................