-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Sandy Drive

  • From: "Roger" <rcleavitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 15:47:19 -0700

She may not be playing on the computer today and I don't know where she left
off this morning.
She was going to try a scan in Safe mode I think but the problem may be
deeper and older than we thought.
A different USB port, reloading the USB stack, checking the PS.
She said that drive was two years old and only worked for about ten days
before it quit.
Me thinks a format is just the beginning?
I would like to remove the drive from the enclosure and connect it directly
to the controller to remove the middle man from the equation but that may
not be possible?
Time will tell............ I don't know what the weather situation is in
Florida but Texas got slapped around a little. Those poor people can't win
for losing!