-=PCTechTalk=- Re: SP3 & IE7...cannot uninstall IE7 anymore

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 20:21:03 -0400

If you install IE 7 and SP 3 the restriction applies.

SP3 does NOT install IE 7.

If you do not like IE 6 (I don't!) and keep it installed you can install SP3
and NOT lose IE 6.

Make sure you hide the IE 7 update from view to prevent it from ever
installing on your computer.

In addition, always scan through the list of available updates BEFORE you
install them to make sure that M$ did not pull a fast one and slip it back
in again or include it in a related (or unrelated) update.

I had to read the article three times to make sure I understood it.

Don