-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Receiving Hotmail through Outlook Express

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:32:19 -0500

Actually, Hotmail is still owned by Microsoft, but they are trying to get
everyone to switch over to what they call "Windows Live".  The primary
difference is that the new version sports an Internet 2.0 interface.
YahooMail (and pretty much all of the other major webmail servers) have also
moved over to this type of interface.  All that means is that it's now
controlled by scripts that make it work more like a desktop application.
It's pretty neat, but not nearly as functional as Gmail's interface.  Since
it uses the same username/password as the old Hotmail and MS really WANTS
people to use it, I would expect that lapsed users would be welcomed back
with open arms instead of having account problems like this.

I had a problem last year with Yahoo's interface not recognizing me after
being offline for 3 years before that.  George's suggestion for reapplying
with the exact same info is the only way I was able to get my ID back.
:O)

Peace,
GMan
http://tinyurl.com/2s8x23
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"