-=PCTechTalk=- Re: REMOVER FOR I WORM MY DOOM

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:30:06 -0500

from what I've read, you need the updated dat files in order to catch these new
viruses. if your norton isn't updating, then you aren't protected from these new
viruses.

I don't run the separate e-mail scanning in norton because it doesn't work for
me. (2003) but I read on the symantec site, that it doesn't matter - it catches
the viruses anyway. I'm not so sure tho - unless you execute them! it has caught
several that have come in, but not all, and I don't know that it really scans
the e-mails because online panda has found things when norton hasn't. I
understand that the new 2004 norton is much better than the older versions and
the problems with 2003 have been fixed in 2004. You would be wise, if buying
norton, to get the newer version. there are freebies out there tho -

Cris