-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Quicken Backup-- CD Burning Software

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:37:02 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 12:21 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Quicken Backup-- CD Burning Software

>I was copying from the computer.  So what is the proper answer to the
> question of replace or skip?
>  I would think skip as I don't want to overwrite the other picture but
> neither do I want to skip the new one I am trying to copy to CD.  I could
> not find anything in the help section concerning this choice and just what
> it meant. I am using an Olympus camera, have an Epson Photo 825 that
> allows
> a media card.  I copy from the media card in the printer to my hard drive
> then find the folder and copy to a CD.  Oh, and I am using Picasa 2 and it
> immediately detects new pictures when I insert the media card into the
> printer and invites me to send them to Picasa.  Pretty neat little program
> (Picasa 2)
> Joyce

I would suggest that once you finish taking pictures, you download them to
Picasa and then use Picasa to rename the files to a unique name.  (I assume
Picasa has at least a minimal capability to rename files).  Then use the
renamed files for copying, backing up, printing, sending to friends or
whatever else you want to do with them.

Don

I have GMAIL invites!  Email me privately if you want one.

---
Address Change Alert!!!

Please delete dsw32952@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
from your address book.  My new email
addresses:

Group/Maillist related:  dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx
Personal mail: dsw28705@xxxxxxxxx
All other mail: dswabc@xxxxxxxxx
Do YOU want a gmail account?  Ask me for an invitation.