-=PCTechTalk=- Re: QuickTime

  • From: Beverly Hahn <bhahn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:18:27 -0400

Hi Guitar Man,

The "good news" has stopped.

In Windows Exploring I have these paths:

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\Profiles--blank

_C:/WINDOWS/ApplicationData/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/4y5qnqh7.default/
<file:///C:/WINDOWS/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/4y5qnqh7.default/>

_All my bookmarks, etc. are there.

Now, here come the problems I encountered.  First, Firefox site has upgraded to
Firefox 3 on June 17, and after waiting 2 hours for it to download on my
dial-up, I got the message that it wouldn't install on my OS.  I searched and
found Firefox 2 and downloaded and installed that.  It opened fine, and as I
said above, all my bookmarks, etc. were there.

Then I tried to open the web site requiring Flash, and wouldn't you know /it
tried to open in Quicken!!!!/ And, of course, I got the same "broken" message
that started this whole process in the first place.  UGH!!!

All your time and effort!  At least, I can open that web site on my Internet
Explorer.

I'm off again for two weeks, so I'll check back with you when I get back.

Thanks for everything.
Beverly