-=PCTechTalk=- Re: QuickTime

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:43:20 -0400

Beverly,
    This reply is for both of your posts.  I'll address the second one first
by saying that you are not showing any signs of being thick.  Although they
really aren't, the instructions for these types of apps seem to be
translated through several languages or something that makes them difficult
to understand until you actually try them.  Well, to make sure I was giving
you the correct advice, I tried it myself and it became instantly apparent
that I would need to fist install it so that I can create accounts for
anyone else who wanted me to connect to them.  Now that I have that set up,
I need to invite you into the same account as a Secondary Administrator so
that you can download the software and get it installed on your system.  If
you're in a position to do that now, let me know and I'll go ahead and
create the secondary account for you.  The site will then send privately you
the invite and prompt you to create your own password so you can log into
the site and get the install file you'll need.  It appears that I will have
absolutely no access to your password, so you will be the only one who could
ever use it (or remind you of what it is     lol).

    As far as getting your pattern making program working again, my total
aim (unless you have anything else you'd like me to look at while I'm
connected) is to clear Firefox of all QuickTime connections, then clear
Windows of the same and reinstall QT so that you'll be able to use it with
whatever you wish to use it for.  To do all this, I will most likely back up
your Firefox stuff, take care of all QT issues and finally, reinstall
Firefox, in that order.  If you have any questions before we start or any
problems during the sign up stage, let me know and I'll explain how to get
past them.