-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Question

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:27:14 -0400

Hi Ann,
    There's a possibility that the surge took out the external's
electronics, but left the hard drive intact.  The first thing I would do is
to install the drive elsewhere and see how it responds.  You may find that
everything is still intact and it's just the enclosure that's 'toast'.  If
it turns out that the drive isn't behaving normally, we can then follow
through with other, more drastic, recovery options.

Our food supply is tainted
http://tinyurl.com/2j5ogt

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"