-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Problem with windows firewall

  • From: TimR <timr1ca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:41:06 -0800 (PST)

Thanks,
I got the problem fixed.
All I needed was a command to reset the winsock.

>>Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
netsh Winsock reset
When the program is finished, you will receive the following message:
Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine
in order to complete the reset.
Restart Computer<<

Thanks to all for suggestions! :)

TimR

"David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
TimR
The Security Center only lets you choose to monitor if a firewall is on. Try
going to Start, Control Panel, Security Settings, Manage Security Settings for
Windows Firewall (that last one is near the bottom of the Security Panel
Window.) If you still cannot turn on the Windows Firewall, you may need to turn
on Internet Connection Services. (ICS). I do that in the Administrative Tools
then Services.
Dave

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:39 -0800 (PST)
From: TimR
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- with Windows Re: Problem Firewall

I have Sp2 installed. That was the Security Center I mentioned in my question!
and I couldnt enable it by clicking on FW as I also mentioned in my post...

So how may I fix this problem?
uninstall / re-install something?

TimR