-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Portable apps vs installed apps

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:03:21 -0400

I don't know.  I  tossed the question out because I didn't know the
answer and didn't know what might or might not be affected by a switch
to a portable app (PA).

If you have a PA residing  on your hard drive could you associate a
file extension with it and have it work correctly?

While that would write something to the registry (which is not what a
PA is supposed to do) at least it is not the app doing the writing and
an association would be there anyway even if the PA was not there.

My main interest in PA is avoiding the bajillion lines of  data added
to the registry by every app that gets installed.

Don