-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Pop ups Replacement

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:55:52 -0700

Hi Robert,
I have dual monitors in Windows XP using a Matrox Millennium G450 Dual-Head
card.
I run Zone Alarm Pro, along with a modified Host File, and receive no pop-
ups or pop-under ads.

http://www.mwn.ca/ UPDATED 22/05/03
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 26/05/2003 at 2:31 PM Robert Carneal wrote:

Also, aggravating, are the way the pop-ups run a quick test to see what
monitor(s) you are using. If you have a multiple monitor system, the pop up
moves to a window that IE or Netscape is not running in to keep from
opening underneath the browser.

Sometimes I will use my center monitor (I have three), and if I go to a
strange site (to me, a strange site is any site I have not learned to work
properly), I can usually expect to see advertising fly to the outer
monitors. If I am not using them (i.e. powered OFF), it will not go to that
monitor- it just wait for me to see it when I close the window I am using.

If I could just figure out how to close ALL IE windows except the one I am
using, I would program a key on my keyboard to do just that.

I can justify using three monitors- I pity the users who are using more
monitors than three- their pop up ads must be terrible.

Robert