-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partition Magic 8.0

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:13:07 -0700

I currently run Partition Magic 8 on my Western Digital Drives.

The only time I had any problems trying to resize my drives occurred after I
had uninstalled Go Back.  The Drives had been partitioned with Partition
Magic and Go Back was installed.  Then, I had to reformat (I just did some
partitions...like the C:) and then I could not re allocate all the space...
and I tried several things.

I called Tech Support...and it did not take long for them to figure out wha
the problem was and told me how to fix it.

I have called them quite a few times....4-6 times  over the years..and I
have always gotten excellent support from them.

I have been using both Western Digital Drives (the 7200 - Since they were
released) and have used Partition Magic 6, 7 & 8 and have always resolved
any issues I have had... with their help.

The only other thing that comes to mind..is to be sure you do not have
Norton or other virus programs running.
Rose
Las Vegas
#1513 Bad attribute position in file record
This error can often be resolved by running CHKDSK /F on the affected disk.
For
instructions on running CHKDSK, see PowerQuest Solution How to Run
Microsoft CHKDSK from the Command Line.
If running CHKDSK /F does not help, please send the following items to
PowerQuest Technical Support:

<snip>

Hope no one minds if I cross post this.