-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partition Drive

  • From: "tempting2taanzaa" <tempting2taanzaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:11:14 -0500

Yes, I am using Vista home premium.

Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:12:02 -0400
From: dsw32952 <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partition Drive

IIRC you are using Vista?  If so, the disk management tool will resize
partitions with out destroying anything.

Control Panel > Administrative tools > Computer Management > Storage >
Disk Management

Just be mindful that *deleting*  a partition or formatting it will
definitely wipe out any data.

If you allocate about 40 GB per operating system and leave the balance
to hold data it is doubtful that you will suffer any ill effects caused
by lack of space.  At least not between now and the time the Win7 Beta
expires.

On my HP desktop system Vista gobbles about 30GB of space but about 10GB
of that is used by the pagefile and hiberfile dot sys files that you may
be relocating to the data partition.  About 10GB is also used on my
laptop for pagefile, windows.old and other stuff that may not be present
on your OS partition.

Also, the partition size limitation that I suffer may not exist with
your OS.

Don

in the Subject.