-=PCTechTalk=- Re: PLEASE HELP

  • From: ~Lacey~ <stormy1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:58:51 -0800

Okay add me to the "please help" list...

I "fixed up" a friend's computer on the weekend -- also a senior who plays
Pogo games alot

I found the bugbear virus, and multiple spyware and trojans, so after I
removed them, th ings were still not running properly so I reinstalled
Windows ME for her -- I installed "over top" of the existing installation
but it is an OEM disk so I'm assuming it re-creates the registry etc.

Anyway -- did all the windows updates for her as well from the Windows
website, and when I took her computer back to her everything worked fine,
but she called me and said she now can't get into her Pogo games. I told her
to turn off the firewall and popup stopper (google) that I installed and try
again.

She says she still can't get into it.

Any ideas?  I really don't want to have to go over there AGAIN as it usually
ends up being a 2 hour visit. I don't use Windows ME so I'm not as
conversant on it as with Windows 2000 or XP. I also don't play Pogo games --
although I went to the website from my computer and got in fine -- so I know
its not their website -- its something on her computer.

But what??

Any help is mucho appreciated!!
~Lacey~