-=PCTechTalk=- Re: -=PCTechTalk=-New Question...Browser locking up.

  • From: "Scott" <millop69@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:39:49 -0800

Hey there. Thanks for the feedback. I am actually having the browser work at
the moment. Funny thing is, I turned the WinXP firewall back on and the
browser works now?????? So I'm guessing it has something to do with XP.
Dunno.<SHRUG> Anyhow, just happy its working agian. Thanks, Scott.

You could try tore-install Firefox, if you still have it in downloaded
form, or redownload it and reinstall it - which is hard to do if you
can't get a browser to work.
 If you click on an address from a message in Outlook Express - does it
take you there?
 If so then type in the mozilla.org address into the address section and
redownload Firefox.
 There may be a repair command somewhere in IE or in Control Panel,
Add/Remove Programs.
 Have you tried turning off your Firewall and then going to the Web?