-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Outpost Firewall

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:19:33 -0400

This popup discussion seems so difficult <chuckle> There's one
product that simply WORKS......no problems..easy to use, etc., etc.,
etc.
The problem for some......is it costs money <chuckle>

Zero Popup   24.95 with life time upgrades (I know 'cause I just saw
where it's at V7.6 and I still was on V 2.0 which worked flawlessly)

http://www.tooto.com/popup-killer/

What is Zero Popup Killer?
A small, effective and intelligent anti-popup, anti floating ads, web
spies and anti activeX spyware product than can kill annoying popup
windows, floating ads and activeX spywares and protect your privacy
without human intervention by using artificial intelligent and
intelligent agent technologies. It has the features to clear Cache,
Cookies, Favorites, AutoComplete Forms and Passwords, AutoComplete
Web Addresses and History. It also speedups the surfing and
downloading speed of your Internet Explorer by up to 2 to 6 times.

What is new since version 7.0?
a. Reduce the number of malicious script-based popups that clutter
your screen and force unwanted advertising on you;

b. Block the cookies (web bugs) typically attached to banner ads and
which are used to monitor and track your travels around the Internet;

c. Prevent the use of malicious activeX, Java and scripting -- active
content technologies that can be used to compromise your privacy and
security;

d. Protect you against auto-installing spyware or adware from spyware
pushers (e.g., BonziBuddy, Gator, Lop.com, Comet Cursor, etc) that
can invade your system, monitor your computer and Internet use, and
trash your PC.

What spywares does Zero Popup block?
Zero Popup Killer blocks most of known bad ActiveX controls (adwares
or spywares) by setting the "Kill bit" that is documented in
Microsoft technical articles.

Zero Popup Killer blocks the following spywares:
7FaSSt, ACXInstall, AdBreak, AdBreak/FHFMM, AdultLinks/QcBar,
AdultLinks/LinkZZ, Aornum, ASpam/Amcis, ASpam/Drvman,
BargainBuddy/Apuc, BargainBuddy/Versn, BDE, BrowserToolbar, Bulla,
CashToolbar, ClickTheButton, CnsMin, CometCursor/Shop,
CometCursor/Plus, Comload, CommonName/Toolbar, CommonName, Cytron,
DailyWinner, DialerOffline, DownloadReceiver, DownloadWare,
eXactSearch, ezCyberSearch, FavoriteMan, FavoriteMan,
FavoriteMan/FOne, FlashTrack, FreeScratchAndWin/Beta,
FreeScratchAndWin/v5, Gratisware, ILookup/Ineb, ILookup/Chgrgs,
HighTraffic, HomepageHijacker, HotBar/A, HotBar/B, HuntBar/HuntBar,
HuntBar/SideSearch, IEAccess, IEPlugin, IGetNet/v4, IGetNet/v5,
InetSpeak/BHO42602, InetSpeak/WindowsIE, InetSpeak/Iexplorr,
InetSpeak/eBoom, IPInsight/ipinsigt, lop/Toolbar, lop/AYB,
MarketScore, MoneyTree/NSUpdate, MoneyTree/UniDist, MySearch, NetPal,
NetworkEssentials/NE, NetworkEssentials/ME, NewDotNet/A, NewDotNet/B,
NowBox, Onflow, OnlineDialer/MaConnect, OnlineDialer/eConnect,
OnlineDialer/BelCall, OnlineDialer/VLoading, OnlineDialer/SunInfo,
PerMedia/A, PerMedia/B, PerMedia/C, PerMedia/D, RapidBlaster,
SaveNow/Download, SaveNow/Db, SearchAndBrowse, SearchExplorer,
SearchitBar, SideStep, StripPlayer, SuperBar, TinyBar, TinyBar,
TopText, Transponder, Transponder/TPS108, Transponder/MSView, UCmore,
webHancer, Wazam, WurldMedia/bpboh, WurldMedia, Xupiter

If you see a bad ActiveX control that is not in the list, please
report to us.

 Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

     ,,,,,,,,
     Ô¿Ô¬
  Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Wednesday
6/18/2003
10:07:32 EST

The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you
lost all your money.

-- Anonymous

|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|:0:|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|

¤¤¤¤¤ On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:00:00 -0500
¤¤¤¤¤ Wyatt M. Portendt wrote:
¤
¤ I've had a couple sites that needed popups to work, but none that I
¤ go to that need referrers.  That could be a problem (hassle-wise)
¤ because you'd have to enable referrers as the default and then
¤ block them site by site individually.  Not a fun way to go, and
¤ yes, referrers are one popup vehicle.  How much do you love
¤ weatherchannel?  There are a lot of them out there that behave
¤ better.  You could look at the logs and see where the redirect is
¤ going and block those sites in your restricted zone in IE if they
¤ are coming from the same site(s).
¤
¤
¤
¤ On 6/17/2003 at 5:51 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as
¤ taanzaa was rumoured to have uttered....
¤
¤ |  Ok, I'll do that....yes, I did enable popup |  blocking |  but,
¤ one site that I frequent (weatherchannel.com) |  won't load the
¤ doppler radar unless you have the site |  referrer enabled (sure
¤ this is where the majority of |  my popups come in
¤ at)....bummer.... |  |  --- "Wyatt M. Portendt"
¤ <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx> |  wrote: |  > Disable javascript for
¤ those sites.  In fact, |  > disabling javascript as the |  >
¤ default will stop many of them without ad blocking. |  > You
¤ mentioned |  > filtering cookies, did you enable the popup |  >
¤ blocking? |  |  |  |  __________________________________ |  Do you
¤ Yahoo!? |  SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! |
¤ http://sbc.yahoo.com |  To unsub or change your email settings: |
¤ //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk |  |  To access our
¤ //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/ |  |  For more info:
¤ |  //www.freelists.org/cgi- bin/list?list_id=pctechtalk
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤ To unsub or change your email settings:
¤ //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
¤
¤ To access our Archives: