-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Opera V 8.51

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RMB White <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:07:45 -0500

Most Noble huh.....dang, how kind of you <chuckle>
If I understand you correctly, you're saying the password needs to be entered
if you change windows within the auction site?  If that's true, it's similar
here for e-Bay and PayPal.  Both will let you change between windows, but
PayPal will require a password on each new transaction.  E-Bay will require it
for each bid, but will allow you to move between windows in the "My e-Bay"
without a new password.

I have not noticed a difference using Opera....but haven't really tried it yet.
 I am on a budget for a while....no e-bay toys until we get the house finished
<chuckle>

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
 Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
 Monday, 1/9/2006, @ 8:03:34 PM EST
 On street crime.....

 We choose to throw money at it rather than to fight. Money is not the answer.
More cops cannot help. They can?t be everywhere at once. More prisons cannot
help. Modern prisons do not scare the bad guy. The only thing that can help is
will - the will to fight back.

 --  George Will

==================|:o:|==================

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:13:52 +1300, RMB White wrote:
[-]   Most noble KC,
[-]
[-]   Have been using Opera for approx one year and find it empathetic and
user-friendly for an amateur Internet user like myself
[-]
[-]   BUT
[-]
[-]   1. it does not appear to recognise "Verisgn" and other "secure" sites
here in New Zealand
[-]
[-]   2. with Trade Me (our Ebay equivalent) and local stores and libraries,
any password entered does not appear to carry over to other windows on the
site, and has to be re-entered.
[-]
[-]   Any comments please
[-]
[-]   Roger W.
[-]
[-]   The Keyboard Cowboy wrote:
[-]
[-]  [-]   <chuckle>
[-]  [-]   No problem!
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]   Let us know what you think.  I'm pretty smitten with it.
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]   Regards from
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]   Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
[-]  [-]   ,,,,,,,,
[-]  [-]   Ô¿Ô¬
[-]  [-]   Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
[-]  [-]   ----------------------------------------------- Sunday, 1/8/2006, @
10:48:32 PM EST
[-]  [-]   ----------------------------------------------- The self is not
something that one finds. It is something that one creates.
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]   -- Thomas Szasz
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]   ==================|:o:|==================
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]   On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:09:53 -0600, witch wrote:
[-]  [-]   Any recommendation like this from THE Cowboy is a *must try* Thanks
for the suggestion ;) ----- Original Message ----- From: "The Keyboard Cowboy"
<KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx> To: <NNga@xxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:02
PM Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Opera V 8.51
[-]  [-]   [-]
[-]  [-]   [-]
[-]  [-]   I've been using a browser shell for a long time called Avant.  I
like it because it has tabs, and other features that IE doesn't have.  I also
run FireFox.......Moox (before he took a vacation)...and IE itself.  I recently
downloaded the new version Opera (V 8.51) as I'd heard a couple of good
comments on it.  I used it years ago but have not had it loaded for some time
now.
[-]  [-]   V 8.51 is truly a Gem!  It has tabbed windows, and quite a few other
nice additions.  It loads fast, has webMail, manages bookmarks better, and is
truly an improvement over the competition.  It also features photo sharing,
chat, and many other things *if you want them*.  If not, you aren't bogged down
with "stuff" in your browser layout.  Of course, you can use custom skins and
color arrangements.  Lastly, I'd notice Avant had begun to slowdown capturing
URLs for my URL manager.  Opera is slick and fast with the URL manager program.
 If you like to experiment with new programs, give it a try.
[-]  [-]   [-]
[-]  [-]   http://www.opera.com/
[-]  [-]   [-]
[-]  [-]   [-]
[-]  [-]   Regards from
[-]  [-]   [-]
[-]  [-]   Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
[-]  [-]   ,,,,,,,,
[-]  [-]   Ô¿Ô¬
[-]  [-]   Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
[-]  [-]   <Please delete this line and everything below.> [-] To unsub or
change your email settings:
[-]  [-]   //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk [-] To access our
Archives:
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]   <Please delete this line and everything below.>
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]   To unsub or change your email settings:
[-]  [-]   //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
[-]  [-]
[-]  [-]   To access our Archives:
[-]  [-]