-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT- learning guitar- hey GMan

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 03:05:42 -0500

Cristy,
    I have always had a problem with the term "better than" when applied to
music.  Playing faster than someone else does not always equate to better by
any means and Rock music typically means a lot of distortion (which can mask
a LOT of mistakes         lol).  By focusing more on Country and Folk, I bet
there were plenty of moves that you learned to do "better" than anyone
focused primarily on rock music.  I'm not at all trying to bring your
brother down with this, I just strongly believe that Artistic talents were
meant to be shared, not compared.           :O)

Peace,
GMan

The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask.