-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT : Salt in the diet

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 18:00:11 -0800

Haven't put salt on anything for 40 years.  My Mother who is 86
loves salt and not good with her congestive heart failure.  Too
much sodium and she retains fluid which makes it hard for her to
breathe.

So now that I do the grocery buying, I always look at the sodium
content in all her foods.  It's a delicate balance.  She can
gain 4 to 6 pounds in a day if she's not careful with her fluid
and sodium intake.

Does she get annoyed at my constant vigilance -- you bet.  But
I've seen her gasping for breath that's not a pretty sight.

Judith