-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT Re: Re: Proper edict

  • From: "BashfulBob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:02:20 -0600

Well Just to make this legal ---------- Jo Ann, how about
sending the recipe so I can save it to my recipe folder on
my computer. 8-)

List of stewsa.. Baeckeoffe, a potato stew from Alsace
        b.. Barbacoa, a meat stew from Mexico
        c.. Boeuf Bourguignon, a French dish of beef stewed
in red wine
        d.. Birria, a goat stew from Mexico
        e.. Bouillabaisse, a fish stew from Provence
        f.. Booya, an American simple meat stew
        g.. Brunswick stew, from Virginia and the Carolinas
        h.. Burgoo, a Kentuckian stew
        i.. Caldeirada, a fish stew from Portugal
        j.. Carbonnades a la Flamande, a Belgian beef stew
with beer, mustard and laurel
        k.. Carne Guisada, a Tex-Mex stew
        l.. Carnitas, a pork meat stew from Michoacan,
Mexico
        m.. Cassoulet, a French bean stew
        n.. Cawl, a Welsh stew, usually with lamb and leeks
        o.. Cazuela, a beef and corn cobs stew from Sinaloa,
Mexico
        p.. Chamin, a Sephardic Jewish dish
        q.. Chili con carne (Mexican and Tex-Mex)
        r.. Chili sin carne (a meatless American adaption of
the Mexican dish)
        s.. Chilorio, a regional pork stew from Sinaloa,
Mexico
        t.. Cholent, an Ashkenazi dish
        u.. Cochinita Pibil, an orange color pork stew from
Yucatan, Mexico
        v.. Cotriade, a fish stew from Brittany
        w.. Cocido, a beef meat and bones stew from Mexico
        x.. Curry (Indian and Southeast Asian curries
        y.. Daube. a French stew
     a.. Fabada Asturiana, a Spanish bean and meat stew
        b.. Feijoada, Brazilian or Portuguese bean stew.
        c.. Gaisburger Marsch, a German dish of stewed beef
served with Spätzle and cooked potatoes, from Swabia
        d.. Ghormeh Sabzi, an Iranian stew
        e.. Goulash, a Hungarian paprika stew
        f.. Gumbo, a Louisiana creole dish thickened with
okra.
        g.. Hasenpfeffer, a sour, marinaded rabbit stew from
Germany
        h.. Haleem, a Pakistani lentil/beef stew.
        i.. Hayashi rice, a Japanese dish of beef, onions
and mushrooms stewed in a red wine and demi-glace sauce,
served with rice
        j.. Irish stew, made with lamb or mutton, potato,
onion and parsley
        k.. Karelian hot pot
        l.. Khash, a stew from Armenia and Georgia.
        m.. Khoresht, Persian stew made with lamb or veal
        n.. Lancashire Hotpot, an English stew
        o.. Locro, a South American stew (mainly in the
Andes region)
        p.. Nikujaga, a Japanese beef and potato stew
     a.. Olla podrida, a Spanish red bean stew
        b.. Paella, a thick Spanish seafood or meat stew
with saffron rice.
        c.. Perpetual stew
        d.. Peperonata, an Italian stew
        e.. Pescado Blanco, a famous white fish stew from
Patzcuaro Michoacan Mexico
        f.. Pörkölt, a Hungarian meat stew resembling
goulash, flavoured with paprika
        g.. Pot au feu
        h.. Puchero, a South American stew
        i.. Ragout, a highly seasoned French stew
        j.. Ratatouille, a French vegetable stew
        k.. Red cooking, a Chinese stewing technique.
        l.. Sancocho, a stew from the Caribbean
        m.. Steamboat. Many varieties of this East Asian
style of cooking where ingredients are cooked in broth can
be called stews. Examples include:
          a.. Chankonabe and Yosenabe, Japanese dishes of
meat, vegetables etc. stewed in chicken stock and flavoured
with soy sauce or miso. Chankonabe is traditionally eaten by
sumo wrestlers.
          b.. Jjigae, various types of spicy Korean stews

Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by McAfee's
(Got fed up with Norton's)

This message and attachment(s), if any, is intended for the
sole use of the individual and/or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and prohibited from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the addressee, or authorized to receive
this on behalf of the addressee, you are hereby notified
that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone
this message or any part thereof. If you have received this
in error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and
delete this information and all attachments from your
computer and network. Thank you.