-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OE address book

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:35:03 -0500

Well, that's hard to say with any certainty.  An empty .WAB file may weigh
in at 173KB before any addresses are added, but adding 10 of them might not
increase the size enough to send it to 174KB.  I really don't know offhand
what the size of an empty one is, but I can tell you that they are not
created until the user actually goes to use OE for the first time.  Plus,
the default setting is for OE to add the address of anyone to whom you reply
automatically.  That means it would take an odd set of circumstances for an
AB to remain empty on anyone's system for long.

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org