-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Notepad replacement

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:46:36 -0400

George,
    I usually have several installed with one as my default.  For the last
several years, my default text editor of choice has been NotePad+ (not the
more popular NotePad++).  Since I'm in rebuilding mode right now, I had yet
to set anything as a replacement for MS's version so it was the perfect time
to set MetaPad and really give it a good testing.  So far, the hypertext
link handling appears to be the only difference that's of any major concern.
I'm not heavy into using NotePad for web design, so this may or may not
change things as I gain more experience with the program.  Right now, I can
see myself using thisas a secondary notepad for those times when I do need
that functionality AND I can also see myself possibly turning to MetaPad
more often since it does handle them well.  Only time will tell which way my
preferences go, but I can already tell you that this little bugger will be
kept close by regardless.        :O)

Peace,
Gman