-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Notepad replacement

  • From: "g.imrie" <g.imrie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:20:02 +0100

Gman

Metapad is TOTALLY portable. You can embed/integrate it into your
workflow/install it to system if you so wish, but there's no real need to.
I've never seen a standalone "portable" version of the app, simply because
(I would submit) there's no real need for it: all the advantages of having
the thing portable are already present in the full app.

If you handle a lot of downloads (like I'm currently doing with the online
tutoring I do), then it's ideal--it allows you to copy over the URLs into
one place, either for immediate download via your download manager. Or
downloading later (if the net's busy in your area, and your download rate
ain't the best).

Hope This of Help

Geo. & Shirley Anne
Computer Scanned and virus Database Updated Daily with Panda Titanium 2008
AVG