-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Norton's

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:18:30 -0400

From what I hear, Symantec is doing a complete rewrite of their applications
in order to make them much more streamlined, less bloated and easier on
resources.  If the hype around this news is even close to being true (and
they don't remove the user's ability to control the finer options), it'll be
great for competition and other security app makers will have to fish or cut
bait, sink or swim and just get off the pot.  McAfee may want to consider
doing the same.  My take on this is that Norton's wants their market share
back and, maybe, are finally willing to do what it takes to regain some of
their past reputation back.  It should prove interesting to see how they do.

Peace,
Gman