-=PCTechTalk=- Re: New computer questions- RAIDs?

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:43:16 -0600

Raid systems must be a lot harder to assemble than I thought. It is the
growing popularity around here. I am still not sure it is the ideal machine
for my uses.

Rather than post the additional questions I have about Raid systems, let me
try this. Does anyone know of a web site besides the ones that explain the
differences between Raid 0, Raid 1, Raid 0 +1, and so on out there? It is
easy to find a site that explaining the differences. I have yet to find a
site that compares and contrasts JBOD systems with Raid systems (JBOD =
Just a Bunch Of Drives).

Thank you.

Robert