-=PCTechTalk=- Re: New Laptop

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:25:23 -0500

Since both you and Jan are in a position of needed to wipe/reinstall, most
of the answer to this will be sent in under a separate post addressed to the
group.  It will have to be somewhat generic since some folks are dealing
with XP and others with Vista instead, so feel free to ask more specific
questions on that thread if necessary.  Take notes as we go cause you won't
have access to your email once you get to the point of wiping your old
system off the drive.

I'd look into replacing that CD drive with a decent CD/DVD combo burner.
They're not going to get much cheaper than they are now.    :)

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org