-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Netscape going out of business ? was looking 4 em

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 03:53:34 -0500

GMan and others

We have the new AOL 8 on the Dell XP upstairs.  Guess I'll have to take a
closer look.  From what I did see some of the icons look different and it
tells you if it is morning, afternoon, evening, late night, etc.  Guess
that is in case you don't have the clock in the toolbar and the blinds
are closed in the room.  It also opens more windows of stuff you have to
close when you log on.  It is supposed to have a better feature for
downloading music, but from what we can tell it then only allows you to
play with that player. Oh and it costs extra to be allowed to do download
the music.  PnP is getting a new meaning, what with Yahoo, AOL and
others, Pay n Play.  It automatically installed Winamp (owned by them)
and ICQ, (also owned by them).  I don't think we were given a choice.
And also that silly icon "click here for free AOL".  Well if I just
loaded the program from the disk that came with free AOL, why do I need
to click here?  I hate that silly icon that just shows up after so many
things are installed.  That is the only system we have now that even has
AOL on it.  I took it off the other machines.  What a chore finding all
the little bits and bytes!
Dave

From: "GuitarMan" <pctt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Netscape going out of business ?  was
looking 4 em
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 01:09:00 -0500

Dave,
    It was my understanding that the upcoming version of AOL is/was to be
based on the open source Mozilla.  I guess I have a bit of research to do
before I'll understand any of this thread.          :O}

Peace,
GMan

PCTT Owner