-=PCTechTalk=- Re: More on Spyware removal

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:55:08 -0500

Cristy,
    Graduate = On Your OWN???  What an absolutely SCARY thought that is.  I
sure hope "I" never graduate, then.         8>O

    WinPatrol works as both a freeware and Pro version.  The Pro version is
activated by typing in the name/pass you get when you buy the utility.  The
stuff that protects your system works exactly the same regardless of which
one you're running.  The Pro adds online info about the files it flags to
help you with the decision of what you should do with it.  It can also be
run alongside any other anti-malware apps you're running now.  However,
WinPatrol is not an on-demand scanner type of utility.  Instead, it's
designed to run in the background at all times so it can catch the baddies
before they can install themselves.  This means any other spyware apps that
have a full time component can be shut off until you actually want to run a
scan with them.

http://www.winpatrol.com/

http://www.alternet.org/democracy/77498/?page=entire
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"