-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Method to test hub?

  • From: "rawhide101" <rawhide101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:49:44 -0400

This Jim concurs with the below reply from -Jim- . The problem is probably
interference as alluded to in paragraph #4 of my first reply.

The Gain-BandWidth product is a constant that is used in reference to
amplification, or gain, of ac signals. The amplifier accepts input signals and
converts the DC power from power supply to AC power. Pulse signals may be looked
upon as ac signals when they are the input signal to this type of amplifier.  If
they are inputted to a digital gate the gate generally "refreshes" the input
signal to provide standard values voltage at its output; it may have other
features such as a high output impedance that may be set when the gate isn't
being used.

As you have indicated MN, for a given G-BW product in a given situation one must
sacrifice one value to obtain the other. Thus, in an audio signal amplifier a
wide bandwidth is often needed  as well as high gain to obtain a required
output. The amplifier is first designed with very high gain and that is reduced
to the proper level by negative feedback; the result is an amplifier with
sufficient gain and bandwidth to meet design specifications.

We probably have the same hub, MN. Mine is a Belkin F5U021 and has five lights
on the top front edge (opposite from the USB connectors). The red light merely
shows DC power is connected; the green lights are for the USB connectors. The
ac-dc power adapter furnished dc voltages to each USB circuit in parallel with
the other three, thus reducing the possibility of inadequate DC voltage.

-Jim- is fortunate to have a mobo that permits him to measure current to each
USB port. Kinda wish mine did, but would probably not use it.

Jim